Yes, conditional text could be the problem. It's really hard to tell without
digging into the files.

Another possibility is if you jammed all the files into a single ZIP file
without maintaining the relative paths when you sent them out to the
translator.

By the way, how many files are there?

I just checked out the MIF idea. I was a bit simplistic in my explanation,
but it is workable. The biggest hurdle is understanding how MIFs handle the
directory structure. I say it's hard because it looks so different. It is
logical and once you see the pattern it makes sense, but looks foreign. You
almost have to think of it as an HTML format for describing the path to a
file. The good news is that it will tell you exactly where Frame expects to
find the cross reference and you can find the cross reference target by
searching the MIF version. As I expected, you can use Frame's unique ID as
the search string.

The hard part is deciphering the paths and fixing the problem by either
changing the path in the Xref or moving the files to where Frame expects to
find them.

Tom Johnson
Technical Writer
Microline Technology Corp.