On Friday, July 13, 2007, Brierley, Sean wrote:

> So, I suppose the quesiton is, what reference material were the
> teachers in your school district using as a standard?

Given that I am 45 years old, that is a rhetorical question, right?  ;)

I have three references on my desk: MS Manual of Style (3rd ed),
HandBook of Office Workers (HOW5), and "Writing, A College
Rhetoric".  (notice the period placement ;)  All three follow the period
& commas in, everything else based on context.

Dana

Dana Worley
Software Product Manager/Manager, Software Support Group
Campbell Scientific, Inc.
Microsoft MVP, Windows Help

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.