Hi everyone,

Thanks for the information in response to my Documentum query. We're
still researching possibilities and technologies. Some of the things
that have been mentioned are using FrameMaker with DITA in Documentum,
or using a less expensive CMS that works well with FrameMaker and that
will also integrate well with Documentum. Researching this in
interesting, and I'm learning a lot--including that I have a lot to
learn!

I haven't worked in Word for years, until this current contract (Word
2003 on Windows XP). I'm doing process documentation, including lots
of "If x, go to task #y" steps. In Frame, I would use numbered lists
and cross references for these, so that if I came back later and
inserted another step, the numbering and cross references would update
automatically.

I've heard that numbering in Word is difficult, at best. Do cross
references work any better? I'm spending a lot of time renumbering and
verifying that I've got the right step referenced, and would like to
know if there's an easier way. Maybe this is another reason that
moving to FrameMaker would be beneficial.

Thanks,
Lisa

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.