Along similarly off-topic lines, I want to suggest something for the group: Christopher Buckley (Bill's son) decided that he was going to vote for Obama, published that in his column in the National Review, and basically got fired for it. The point of this is not so much the occurrence or even his choice, no; what's particularly enjoyable is reading LITERATE responses to his column. (Remember those? Literate, thoughtful things that were spelled correctly and brought up things you might not have thought about instead of Faux News barking?) I actually felt CALMER reading the responses to his column during a break this morning when I had to stop spell-checking so my eyes 'd refocus. It's nice to know that there are people who can write and think left.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2008-10-14/sorry-dad-i-was-fired/