On Thursday, October 16, 2008, Dan Gallagher wrote:

> Vegetarian here too. Non-smoker, rare beer drinker. Alcohol lowers one's
> fat-burning, something like 1 beer = 10%. I work out twice a week and ride
> bikes frequently (year round, S. FL). I ride my bike everywhere possible.
> Even have a trailer for it. In HS I was a broomstick at 197lbs (6'6"). But
> now at 220lbs I feel fit.

Since my early 20s I have worked out regularly -- I try to get in five days a
week. So at 5 AM,
after dragging myself out of bed, starting coffee, and feeding the cat, I am in
the garage on
the treadmill or lifting weights. In "good weather" I also try to commute
to/from work on my
bike (it's only 4 miles each way). On the weekends my husband, friends, and I
often do
something "active" -- mountain biking, hiking, xcountry skiing, etc.

However, all that being said, age creeps up and so does weight. Unlike the
other two
veggies, after 20 years of being a grain-fed vegetarian, in January I started
eating meat. I'm
down 10 lbs. This was in conjunction with the Body for Life program -- if
you're looking for an
exercise/eating plan, you might want to check it out.

But yes, like Dan & Sue have said, it's a lifestyle. I may sit on my butt all
day at work, but I
don't sit on my butt all night or all weekend at home :)

Dana

ComponentOne® Doc-To-Help® 2008 delivers streamlined authoring
features, including new end-user features, all within the brand new Microsoft
Office 2007 style interface. Download your FREE trial!
http://www.techcommpros.com/componentone/