Job Title:   SQL Server DBA
Location:   South Bay, CA
Duration:   4+ Weeks

Very hot need of SQL Server DBA need local for

Required Skills:
Client is seeking a talented SQL Server DBA to design, implement, optimize and
support a high-performance, redundant, and highly scalable database
infrastructure.
Client is the leading provider of self-service, online survey technology that
enables millions of people to leverage real-time information to make better
decisions.
We provide subscription-based solutions that enable people to quickly and
easily create surveys, collect responses and analyze survey results.
Since our inception in 1999, over two million users have registered with
client, creating over six million surveys and generating over 200 million
completed responses.
Surveymonkey.com attracts nearly eight million unique visitors per month, and
users include over 80% of Fortune 100 companies as well as educational
institutions,

The role:
In this role, you will work as a member of the operations team to design and
operationally maintain the database environment.  You will have ownership over
the SQL
database environment, and provide thought leadership and expertise in the
scaling and performance management of our database infrastructure.  You will be
responsible for designing, installing, backing up, testing, securing and making
changes to all development and production databases in a dynamic, rapid-growth
environment.  You will
perform regular DBA duties such as installation, optimization/performance
tuning, table maintenance, schema development and enhancement, data import,
data reporting,
maintenance of regular feeds and processes, troubleshooting, as well as
participate in the analysis/design process with other team members.

Key responsibilities include:
Deployment, maintenance and tuning of mission-critical SQL database
infrastructure
Design, implementation and tuning of archival/backup strategies
Extensive writing of database queries
Management of all database elements including schemas, tables, views, indexes,
stored procedures and triggers
Responsibility for capacity planning, performance analysis, inefficiency
spotting (both in queries and stored procedures), and troubleshooting
Management of database instance configuration, replication, fail over and
migration
Collaboration with dev team on system builds, query tuning, feature
implementation, and release management
Provision of 24/7 support for critical production situations

Qualifications:
Desire and ability to succeed in a dynamic work environment where priorities
change based on current business needs
3+ years of extensive experience in managing production SQL Server and/or MySQL
databases in a high-volume, rapid-growth environment
Working knowledge of Unix systems (RedHat Linux, Solaris) as well as Windows
2000
Proven education background or relevant industry experience and certification
Excellent problem analysis/resolution skills
Strong PL/SQL programming skills with a proven record of writing efficient SQL
Experience with database backup and recovery
Experience with Microsoft SQL Server v7 & 2000
Kernel / Performance tuning of systems for running databases
Experience with database security and UNIX security concepts
Experience with database technologies in high-volume transactional websites
Strong analytical skills
Excellent documentation and knowledge management skills
Strong knowledge of development cycles and software engineering best practices
Must have excellent communication skills, and interface easily with the
business stakeholders to translate business requirements into database reality

------------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Sohail Khan
soh...@catstaffing-us.com<mailto:soh...@catstaffing-us.com>
Sr.Technical Recruiter | CAT Technology Inc.
'Committed to Human Excellence Through IT'
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey.
Office: (201) 257-5081 Ext : 222 | Fax: (201) 727-9296
www.catamerica.com<http://www.catamerica.com>.

I would like to add you to my LOGTALENT Network. A perfect place to find your
Industry Recruiters (70,962+) and Jobseekers (252,122+). www.LogTalent.com is a
career-cum-community portal to explore the opportunities around us.