On 06/02/2014, peiman F. <uniresel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi i used jTessBoxEditor to train some new fonts for arabic language and i
> got the out of memory error in jre7
> i have 10 different tiff file for each font and my boxes have up to 34000
> words
>
> when i tired to make one trained file for all font it crashed easily
>
> so i tried to make .traindata file for each font at first step but it
> crashed again :|
>
> how can i allow more memory for java

Use -Xmx to allow more memory. For example, the jTessBoxEditor webpage gives

java -Xms128m -Xmx512m -jar jTessBoxEditor.jar

so, if that's what you're using, you could try:
java -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -jar jTessBoxEditor.jar

You can also try reducing -Xms (which sets the minimum), but
increasing -Xmx is usually enough for most memory problems with Java.

--
<Sefam> Are any of the mentors around?
<jimregan> yes, they're the ones trolling you

---