I found more info here:
https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/issues/1769#issuecomment-509490277

Glyphless appears to be an 'invisible font' and all that Tesseract
supports. It seems like the solution it to use Tesseract to generate hOCR,
then use another tool to combine the source image with the hOCR?

Does anyone have a simple workflow for editing/correcting Tesseract OCR
documents that they can share?

Thanks again,