Thank you for your reply, and please forgive my delay, it took me much
longer to finish preprocessing my images than I anticipated (actually, was
lead to believe it would take - but probably because I'm working with a
textbook type layout and not a novel type layout right now).

To confirm, you are suggesting a run with --oem 0 set and a second run with
--oem 1 set and then compare the results, correct?