On 08/16/2011 11:12 AM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 08:06, Clyde E. Kunkel<clydekunkel7...@cox.net>
> wrote:

>>> 727966 requires custom layout, which makes it Final, not Alpha. 723167
>>> is supposed to be fixed in RC4; if you think it still applies, add a
>>> comment with precise details.
>>> <snip>
>>
>> Custom layout?  What is so custom about /home being on a separae LV so
>> you don't have to recreate it each time?  Even not asking it to be
>> mounted and just adding / and /boot results in 727966.
>
> It is custom because it isn't the default choices. The alpha test
> criteria are default choices. Yes it means that some bugs will become
> more expensive, but it also means that you can reach a point of saying
> these items have been tested versus everything being a blocker.

I'm not saying everything is a blocker--only the inability to install
the DVD.  Heck, you can't even boot a desktop spin that has been
installed due to grub2 errors and since there is a good workaround for
that it isn't a blocker.  There is no workaround for the two bugs I
listed even if you take the defaults of only /, swap and /boot.

Please, all this said, I am fine with waiting for final for an
installable DVD since (so far) the desktop spin is installable.  I just
have to express an opinion based on a lifetime of software development
management.  It is my contribution to the open software movement.

--
Regards,
OldFart