On 17/02/13 12:19 PM, Robert M. Albrecht wrote:
Hi,

I have reproducable segfaults in dnsmasq and cups. I wanted to use ABRT
to diagnose them, but abrt does not reliable catch them.

ABRT got one of > 20 cups crashes and none of dnsmasqs segfaults.

Any ideas ? Should ABRT get them ?

Try running it as root. Up to F19, you have to run abrt-gui as root to find crashes in processes that run as root (rather than your user). In F19, it seems to have grown a 'show all crashes' button that uses PolicyKit to gain privileges to see root crashes - neat.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey