On 27/09/13 05:11, Marcus Leech wrote:
I'm running MATE on F18, and find it is more pleasant than any of the Gnome 3 things.

on Sep 26, 2013, *Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX* <c...@omen.com> wrote:

    For those of use who were relatively happy with Gnome 2
    and not quite satisfied with some of the alternatives, I
    would suggest taking (another) look at MATE in Heisenbug.

    The combination of Google Chromium, VLC, and MATE
    has created a pleasant desktop environment that has
    has reduced the amount of time I run Windows 7 on my
    office machine.

    Try it, YMMV.

-- Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX c...@omen.com <mailto:c...@omen.com>
    www.omen.com <http://www.omen.com>
    Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"
    10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231 503-614-0430

-- test mailing list
    test@lists.fedoraproject.org <mailto:test@lists.fedoraproject.org>

I originally fled from GNOME 3 ("A triumph of Fashion over Functionality") to xfce, from F17 I started using mate (though I started looking at in F16).

I think mate should become the default desktop environment for Fedora. Fedora should not be dumbing down the user experience, please leave that to Apple & Microsoft.

If people want a brain dead desktop environment, they can always use Microsoft Window 8 metro... :-)

Cheers,
Gavin