> >> Well, here's our latest mess-up:
> >> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-e00b75e39f
> >> dnf-plugin-system-upgrade-0.7.0-1.fc22 had enough karma for stable
> >> on
> > Oct 29, which was Go/No-Go day. Therefore it was considered "resolved".
> >
> > "Had enough karma" != queued for stable. When I say "queued for
> > stable", I mean that it needs to be "submitted for stable" and
> > awaiting a push (if not already pushed). According to the history on
> > that bug, it was not actually submitted for stable until November 2nd.
> > That would have failed my criterion above, since that was after Go/No-Go.

Hmm, however, that update had karma autopush set, and its threshold was
reached. So what exactly is the difference between maintainer asking to push
and bodhi autokarma asking to push? I assume they should behave exactly the
same. Maybe autokarma push was not triggered, or delayed for some reason? We
need to find the difference and define that condition more precisely, or fix a
bug somewhere, else it's quite likely we'll have a similar problem in the
future.

> Yup, I think "queued for stable" is the right thing to require here.
> Releng always does a 0 day push; we just need to ensure during the
> blocker review process that things that need to be included in that push
> are actually queued for stable.
>
> That should be enough for all practical purposes. I mean, releng's 0 day
> push may fail of course or take longer than expected, but I don't think
> that needs to be tracked with the blocker review process. Releng is
> going to be painfully aware if their pushes are failing anyway and
> working as fast as they can to fix them.

OK. I was just trying to point out that there needs to be about 1-2 day period
(releng knows best) between the 0 day push and the actual announcement. Maybe
that's why we usually have 4 days between Go and the announcement? I don't know
whether there's a releng process for it or not, but since QA wants to track 0
day updates more reliably, it would make sense to also have a similar process
in releng space to ensure the updates are ready for everyone when the
announcement goes out. I'd like to avoid the system-upgrade sad story next time.