>> In an extreme situation, a release could be nearly impossible due to
>> dependency cycles.
>
>You'd need to provide specific examples for "extreme" as this has not
>happened in recent Fedora history (at least back to F-21)

I cannot cite an historical example.  With more than a thousand packages
in the Live edition, and several thousand in the Workstation edition, it
seems severe to insist they must all (except hardware-specific) work in
the primary architectures or a release is automatically blocked.

That may be the right thing to do, and handle any situations that are too
awkward on an exception basis.

To concoct an extreme situation, suppose the Firefox developers decide
that a newer version of GCC is necessary to build for the ARM
architecture.  I would argue the appropriate choice is to release Fedora
without Firefox in the ARM builds, and include Firefox for ARM in a later
release.  I do not consider this a reason to remove a valuable Firefox
from X86 builds.

In a general sense, one might argue any time a program works on one
architecture but fails on another, this must involve hardware enablement
at some level.  A compiler enables convenient use of a machine's
architecture-specific instruction set and hardware features, therefore
any application that uses this compiler is hardware-specific, and enables
that hardware in some way.

None of this reduces the value of a consistent Fedora experience across
architectures.  I believe this objective should influence choices about
what to include in the default package set, and where to allocate
development resources, but not forbid packages that deliver significant
value.

Most users are likely to quickly augment Fedora with their favorite
applications and configuration, and thereby make their Fedora different
from the default experience.  It is still valuable to strive for
consistency across architectures, but wrong to pretermit valuable
applications only because they do not, or cannot, support some
architecture.