In testing the upcoming F33 release I noticed that it has included
thunderbird-78.3.1-1.

I decided that I wanted to test the newest TBird but didn't want to go through
the process of setting up
accounts.  So, I downloaded this new release from F32 updates-testing.  What
could go wrong?

IMHO, big mistake.  I found that none of the extensions that I use with
thunderbird-68.11.0-1 are compatible
with the version 78.  This includes Enigmail.  I was also unable to get
calendar working.  With TBird 68
I have a local calendar as well as 3 synced Google calendars.

I switched back to using 68 and had to figure out how to get my calendars back.

In addition, the update to version 78 managed to delete all the entries in my
address book.  I do nightly
backups so it was easy to recover.

I wonder if I've done something out of the ordinary or if other users will run
into similar pain.

--
The key to getting good answers is to ask good questions.