On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 1:39 AM George R Goffe <grgo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Feb 21 18:55:38 fc35 kernel: BTRFS warning (device sda8): csum failed root
> 256 ino 257 off 0 csum 0xe05b8b2e expected csum 0xc90f1f63 mirror 1
> Feb 21 18:55:38 fc35 kernel: BTRFS error (device sda8): bdev /dev/sda8 errs:
> wr 0, rd 0, flush 0, corrupt 150, gen 0
> Feb 21 18:55:38 fc35 kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev loop0, sector
> 2 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x1000 phys_seg 1 prio class 0
> Feb 21 18:55:38 fc35 kernel: EXT4-fs (loop0): unable to read superblock

Btrfs says the block doesn't match up with the checksum (which is
itself checksummed and yet we don't have an error for that which means
we can consider this error reasonably reliable). Upon checksum
mismatches, Btrfs will issue an I/O error for that block. It doesn't
turn over corrupt data. That results in the 3rd line, which in turn
results in the 4th line because the ext4 super block is offset one
sector, i.e. sector 2.

All the errors you reported are related to the same basic problem
which is that btrfs thinks this block is bad. This is not the end of
the story though because there's a bunch of backup supers on ext4.

[snip all other error messages, since they're the same issue]

We should find out if there's more widespread corruption. The basic
command to scrub that particular Btrfs file system is:

sudo btrfs scrub start /mnt

The command scrubs the whole file system, verifying all metadata and
data with their checksums. If this were a default Fedora installation
where / and /home/ are on the same Btrfs file system, you can scrub
either / or /home/, but there's no point in doing both.

The results will be dumped into kernel messages. Note that these
messages, when it finds corrupt files, will include the entire path to
file, including filenames. This might be a privacy concern so before
posting, check the filenames.

A normal scrub without errors has kernel messages:

[20520.216852] BTRFS info (device sda5): scrub: started on devid 1
[20520.965950] BTRFS info (device sda5): scrub: finished on devid 1
with status: 0

All errors will be between these two messages. Yours will have at
least one error for the "/mnt/ext2_saved/image" that we already know
about. What I want to know is if there's more problems before moving
on.

--
Chris Murphy