I think the closest thing to a spec we have is the original whitepaper:
http://incubator.apache.org/thrift/static/thrift-20070401.pdf

We also have a human readable version provided for some languages in
the json protocol. I'm not sure the set of languages that's available
in.

--
Kevin Clark
http://glu.ttono.us