Hi

On 2024-04-16 20:21, Paul Moore wrote:

I hope this helps,
Ekaitz

My original confusion stemmed from R_RET, I read it as returning what type of
register to use for return values.

Plus the fact that the upper level tccgen code deals in register types not
registers (gv(rc), not gv(r)).

Now I get it: R_RET says "use this register" RC_RET converts that to an rc that
later calls will use to get that register back via get_reg (Seems it also allows me to
actually have a choice of return registers if several match the class that RC_RET returns)

Thank you

Yes, R_RET gives you the return register number. RC_RET converts that to its class.

Feel free to ask more questions if you have them,

Ekaitz