Hi Paul

Can you please tell me more about the new backend,
which you are working on?
Either here or with private mail.
Thanks.

> Well somewhere along the way I fixed it
> when I started making gjmp and gjmp_append return sane values.

Great

> Are there any docs out there that describe how to write a backend.

I'm not aware of any additional doc.
You can also look at the commit history of recent added backends.

> The doc here Tiny C Compiler Reference Documentation (bellard.org
> seems way way out of date

It's build from the source tree: tcc-doc.texi

Can you please add Everything, what you learned during your
backend development,?
(I suggest to upstream it after the 0.9.28 release from @grischka)

> Any guidance, gotchas, tips are welcome

I'm also interested in everything related to this topic.

--
Regards ... Detlef