Hi everyone,

I dug through the mailing list archives looking for some info on
the received signal strength of incoming packets.  I have one
mote that transmits messages of type IntMsg over the radio.
The other mote has TOSBase installed on it and is on the programming
board, which is then connected to the serial port.  When I
use the java tool ListenRaw, I get things like the following:

7E 42 FF FF 04 7D 5D 04 22 00 01 00 EA 1E
7E 42 FF FF 04 7D 5D 04 23 00 01 00 5E 68
7E 42 FF FF 04 7D 5D 04 24 00 01 00 73 39

So from what I've gathered from micaz/AM.h:

uint8_t length =                        -|
uint8_t fcfhi =                            |  Not sure about these top four.
uint8_t fcflo = 7E                       |
uint8_t dsn = 24                       _|
uint16_t destpan = FF FF
uint16_t addr = 04 7D
uint8_t type = 5D
uint8_t group = 04
int8_t data = 22
uint8_t strength = 00    <-- ??

I know the 22, 23, 24 is the data portion, so ListenRaw or
the serial port must be cutting something off from the beginning.
It appears as though the strength is registered as 0 though.
Does anyone know of a better approach?
--
Sam Pierson