Hi everybody,

I'm currently having trouble with Tinyos 1.1.0 installation on a Suse
10.0 for x86_64 (also tried the latest version 1.1.15 but also without
success).

I have followed installation instructions from TinyOS Website.
- Downloaded the newest IBM java compiler (5.0) (instaled in
/opt/ibm/java2-x86_64-50 folder)
- Downloaded JavaCOMM

the instalation were fine, no problems.

Next I got all necessary packages (rpm). I haven't installed Graphviz
1.0 since I had a newer version on my system. The packages
installation proceeded fine until tinyos-tools.

The tinyos-tools didn't found the java virtual machine and aborted the
installation script. Searching the web I found tinyos-tools spec file
(http://www.tinyos.net/dist-1.1.0/tinyos/source/SPECS/tinyos-tools.spec)
and followed the script instructions to finish installation manually
(just typed "install /usr/local/lib/tinyos/libgetenv.so
/opt/ibm/java...").

Installing the tinyos rpm, again it can't find neither java or javac.
Again the script halt and installation was completed manually

Considering installation finished I tried to complie Blink for mica2
and got a lot of linkage errors. Something like this:

/tmp/ccRdmsSc.s:653: Error: unknown opcode `ledson'
/tmp/ccRdmsSc.s:673: Error: `,' required
/tmp/ccRdmsSc.s:673: Error: constant value required
/tmp/ccRdmsSc.s:673: Error: garbage at end of line
/tmp/ccRdmsSc.s:673: Error: unknown opcode `ledson'
/tmp/ccRdmsSc.s:682: Error: expected comma after name `TimerM' in
.size directive
/tmp/ccRdmsSc.s:682: Error: unknown opcode `signalonet'
/tmp/ccRdmsSc.s:682: Error: unknown opcode `signalonet'
make: ** [build/mica2/main.exe] Erro 1

By the way, I'm using gcc 4.0.2

Have someone already installed tinyos on Suse? Had this problem? Can
anyone help me?

--
Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Lopes
Mestrando em Engenharia Eletrica - UFMG