-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tsenka
Stoyanova
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 2:13 PM
To: tinyos-help@Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
Subject: [Tinyos-help] "Programmer is not responding" problem with
MIB510

Hi all,

We have problem with our MIB510, and I think it is not matter of syntax
in writing the command in the bash shell. We will appreciate if somebody
has suggestions.

We have a MICA mote kit (the professional one) consisting of a
programmer MIB510 and some motes (mica2 and mica2dot). We use an
usb-to-serial bridge or RS232 cable to connect the pc to the programmer.

We have done all the staff needed in order to start uploading
applications to the motes and using "mote-view" to test a network and
it's ok.

We uploaded some applications to the motes and used "mote-view" to take
and display the data, and all worked fine.
Afterwards, We tried to upload another application to a mica2 without
changing any settings, by simply typing 'make mica2 install' (in the
cygwin bash shell) and after successful compilation there was a message
like:
------------------------------------
'[EMAIL PROTECTED] /opt/tinyos-1.x/contrib/xbow/apps/cnttoledsandrfm

$ make mica2 install

mkdir -p build/mica2  compiling CntToLedsAndRfm to a mica2 binary ncc -o
build/mica2/main.exe -Os -I%T/lib/Counters
-I%T/../contrib/xbow/tos/platf
rm/mica2 -I%T/../contrib/xbow/tos/AXStack/mica2 -finline-limit=100000
Wall -Ws hadow -DDEF_TOS_AM_GROUP=0x88 -Wnesc-all -target=mica2
fnesc-cfile=build/mica2/app.c -board=micasb -
DCC1K_DEFAULT_FREQ=RADIO_916BAND_CHANNEL_00-DRADIO_XMIT_POWER=0x5F
-DCC2420_TXPOWER=0x1F
 -DCC2420_DEF_CHANNEL=26
-I%T/lib/Deluge-DIDENT_PROGRAM_NAME=\"CntToLedsAndRfm\"
 -DIDENT_USER_ID=\"admin\"-DIDENT_HOSTNAME=\"adhok\"
-DIDENT_USER_HASH=0xecd2ee4aL
-DIDENT_UNIX_TIME=0x447acde1L-DIDENT_UID_HASH=0x5c59a94eL
CntToLedsAndRfm.nc -lm

 compiled CntToLedsAndRfm to build/mica2/main.exe

11924 bytes in ROM

448 bytes in RAM

avr-objcopy --output-target=srec build/mica2/main.exe
build/mica2/main.srecavr-objcopy --output-target=ihex
build/mica2/main.exe build/mica2/main.ihex

writing TOS imagecp build/mica2/main.srec build/mica2/main.srec.out

 installing mica2 binary using mib510

uisp -dprog=mib510 -dserial=/dev/ttys3 --wr_fuse_h=0xd8
-dpart=ATmega128--wr_fuse_e=ff
  --erase --upload if=build/mica2/main.srec.out

Programmer is not responding.

make: *** [program] Error 2'

--------------------------------

The programmer with one mica2 as a base station, however, still works.
We can take data from the programmer with a mica2 attached to it
programmed with TOSbase application.
So, the serial connection at least in one direction from programmer to
PC still works.

We tried any syntax and everything we could imagine, but the programmer
is still not responding.

We suppose some hardware problem. If somebody has experienced with such
problem we will appreciate any shared information.
Thank you all,
Tsenka Stoyanova, PhD student
Applied Electronics Laboratory (APEL)
http://www.apel.ee.upatras.gr/