The SendMsg.send() coomand is actually implemented in AMstandard.nc. You must be reading Chapter 4 of the tutorials.  Look at the wiring of SendMsg.send. It is wired to GenericComm. This in turn is wired to AMStandard which in turn uses several low level system modules wherein the individual bits are actually transmitted over the radio.

My advice is unless you want to change the tinyOS functionality, there is no point in trying to figure out where the functionality is actually being implememnted. Having a higher level understanding of how send and receive work and how they should be used is sufficient to build applications.

There is a very very deep tree of modules in tinyos. Most of the system modules are in the tos/lib or tos/system folders.