On Monday 28 August 2006 03:41 pm, Xing Jin wrote:
> Hi everyone, Does anyone know how to calculate the
> energy cost to send a packet from one mote to another one? Does the
> TinyOS offer some function or call to get it ?? Thanks a lot. Xing Jin

If you don't have the facilities to actually measure the power consumption of
a real mote, use data sheets for the radio, uC, and whatever else is relevant
to build a model.  Our model turned out to be reasonably close.

There's some useful information regarding various radios and "standard" motes
you might find useful here: http://www.tinynode.com/uploads/media/spots.pdf

Steve