Mark Thomas wrote:

Using externals wasn't something I had thought of but if offers a nice way to provide all the source for one version in a single chekcout. We now have tomcat/current/5.5.x that uses externals to link in all the various modules.

That's actually what I was thinking about, looks great.

Now, the big question - where can I add a sandbox/experimental directory?

Costin

Mark

Like:

tomcat/
tomcat/catalina
tomcat/connectors
tomcat/jasper
tomcat/build ( or something else - jakarta-tomcat-5 is just the top
level build and utils )

There is little benefit those days in having 4 separate repos.