I certainly don't have a problem with that. Obviously I'd rather have it in the main codebase - while I don't have a problem running a patched version of jasper, I'm sure that would freak out a good number of PHBs ;) But since there is interest I'll clean up what I have, put it online and post a link here. That should happen some time this evening.

-t

On Oct 11, 2005, at 2:01 PM, GB Developer wrote:

regardless how the commiters feel about it, are you willing to release your
patched source files? (So for example, I can compile and deploy them
myself?)   ;)  If so, I'd say a page on your wiki might be alright for
distro, with a link to the page sent to tomcat-user  ?

I'd be giving it a try about 10 minutes after you send out your email, since I've often wondered about this feature. Usually right after digging through
the work directory for a generated java file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Fennell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:15 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Fwd: More helpful reporting of exceptions in JSPs

Apologies in advance for cross-posting this, but I sent this email
out to the tomcat-dev list a couple of days ago and have received no
replies at all...  I think this is quite  a useful feature, and I'm
wondering how best to go about contributing it.
Thanks

-Tim Fennell
http://stripes.mc4j.org

Begin forwarded message: