Are you sure there are no problems with jdk1.3.1?  The main problem I
found with 1.3.0 was that it shut down when you logged off. I found the
same problem in 1.3.1. The "fix" is to add -Xsa to the execution line
that starts Java in Tomcat.

As for making Tomcat a service, I found the jk_nt_service.exe (zipped
up) in the jakarta downloads. I thought that was the standard way of
making it into a service. Is this what is causing the shutdown problem?
ShouldI be using a different method?