I've found that setting a host to the tomcat webapps directory sort of
works except that you don't get the ROOT folder. I can get to the
examples via http://hostname.dom/examples/ however. I just don't get the
Tomcat start page. Moreover, going ot http://hostname.dom/ROOT/ brings
up the start page but the examples won't run because it's looking for
them in webapps/ROOT/examples/. I'm still trying to get this to work myself!