Hi
  This query has been posted on this list quite a no.
of times and even after going through the archives I'm
still stuck up with this problem!
  To start with the configuration... I'm working
Windows 2000 professional with Tomcat 3.2.2 and Apache
1.3.20. The backend is Oracle 8.1.6.
  I have an application called 'portfolio' for which I
created a folder in C:\TOMCAT_HOME\webapps called
portfolio with a hierarchy of other directories
required, like
C:\TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\portfolio\WEB-INF where I
copied the web.xml and
C:\TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\portfolio\WEB-INF\classes where
I put all the servlet classes. I have put all the
other files like htmls, images etc. in the
C:\TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\portfolio directory! and not to
forget the C:\TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\portfolio\lib dir.
for all the jar files and Orcale driver...
   I have made changes to my servlet.xml file also to
let tomcat recognize my application! Putting in the
'context-path' stuff and have edited the web.xml file
to map the servlets....
   Now I can execute my servlets but cannot run
them... coz when I try exceuting them I get an error
'ClassDefNotFound: ConnectionPool/ConnectionPool'
   Now CoonnectionPool is actually a package(as the
name impies) that i created to make a connection to
the database. Its also in the classes dir. When I
execute the servlets I dont get any errors as to
"unable to find ConnectionPool", so I presume that
they are in the Path.
   Now I'm really stuck up and am unable to find the
real problem! May be someone out there whos done
something similar can help me solve this!!!!
    Thanks a lot in advance
    Priyanka