What is rude was his posting on the list in format other than plain text.
Read the list's FAQ if you don't understand.

The number of fancy-formatted messages is on the rise and if we don't nip
this in the bud, we may find ourselves in a position where folks who don't
use the latest version of $MAILCLIENT are unable to read the messages.  I
myself use MS Outlook 2000 but I have no right to assume what the others are
using.  Hence the warning in the FAQ.

This is not my first post on this topic and I'm afraid it won't be the last.
I'm just trying to create awareness of the problem and I realise I sometimes
have to resort to not-so-nice means to draw the subscribers' attention to
it.  If I can convince one person not to use formatted messages on the list,
I'll be a happy man.

I don't claim to be an all-knowing guru, but what I do know I will not share
with those who are arrogant enough not to respect the rules of the list
they're asking for help from.

Regards,

Emir.