Hi all,

I am using a tomcat 4.0.1 standalone running on Unix. I configured my
web.xml like the following:

<error-page>
    <exception-type>java.lang.Throwable</exception-type>
    <location>/errors/err-except.html</location>
</error-page>
<error-page>
    <error-code>500</error-code>
    <location>/errors/err-code500.html</location>
</error-page>
<error-page>
    <error-code>404</error-code>
    <location>/errors/err-code404.html</location>
</error-page>

the code should catch all error codes - but unfortunately it does not.
On HTTP STATUS 500
errors a <page cannot be displayed> appears. I crawled the web for this
issue but i did not find anything about it.

In my WEB-INF/web.xml i created the following constraint in order to
generate a HTTP STATUS 500 error.

<security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
                <web-resource-name>no-access</web-resource-name>
                <url-pattern>/test.html</url-pattern>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <auth-constraint>
                <role-name>nobody</role-name>
        </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>

Did anyone already have found a solution?

cheers//

moritz