Hello Roshan,

> So the grant in the snippet below uses a "file" URL to give classes from
> the ${work.dir}  read access to all files under ${doc.root} directory and
> read, write, delete access to files under ${work.dir} directory. The "-"
> following the "/" refers to all files in a directory and all its
> subdirectories

I think I understand that. But why doesn't this work for me:

<---snip--->
grant codeBase "file:${doc.root}/-" {
 permission java.io.FilePermission "${doc.root}/-", "read, write,
delete";
};

Shouldn't this grand _any_ "file" (Servlet, JSP-File) in the filesystem
under "${doc.root}" the rights to read, write und delete _any_ file in
the filesystem under "${doc.root}"???

What I get is:

(java.io.FilePermission
C:\Programme\ApacheGroup\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1\webapps\jspMyAdmin\logs\parse_time_log
write)

Helpless...
Laura