This looks like you are using JDK 1.2 or 1.3 to run Tomcat, but
using JDK 1.4 to compile your classes.  With the new JDK Sun changed the
file format version and classes compiled with the new JDK are not backwards
compatible.  I believe there is a command like switch to JavaC (something
like -version) to switch to the older class file format.

        Randy