On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, G.L. Grobe wrote:

> Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 21:57:20 -0600
> From: G.L. Grobe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: dynamic directory listings
>
> I'm running JBoss w/ Tomcat 4.0 and am trying to figure out how to get
> dynamic directory listings, which I'd normally see in apache, but heard
> this was a capability of Tomcat ... is this correct?
>
> If I pointed a link to a directory w/ no index.html, Apache would return
> a directory listing of all it's contents (configurable in httpd.conf w/
> links and all).

Directory listings are already a default feature of Tomcat, unless you've
turned them off in your $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml file -- see the
servlet initialization parameter named "listings" on the "default"
servlet.  On a standard Tomcat install, try:

  http://localhost:8080/examples/

and see what you get.

> Any help much appreciated.

Craig