On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Frédéric Houbie - ABSIS-GROUP wrote:

> Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 08:31:38 +0100
> From: Frédéric Houbie - ABSIS-GROUP <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Error using Tomcat 4.01 and Oraclie 8i 8.1.6 when using
>     manager/reload
>
> Hi,
>
> When I reload the application using the manager, the next time I execute it,
> I get an error message :
>
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library
> C:\Oracle\Ora81\bin\ocijdbc8.dll already loaded in another classloader
>       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1346)
>       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1306)
>       at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:749)
>       at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:820)

There is a JDK restriction that a particular native library can only be
loaded once.  If you're using a JDBC driver with native code, that
generally means you should put the driver (which must be changed to a
JAR!) in the "lib" directory instead of inside your webapp, so that it
doesn't get reloaded along with your application.

> I don't understand what I must do, I try several directory for classes12.zip
> but still get the error,

An easier choice for Oracle users is to use the "Type 4" (pure Java)
instead.  Then, you never have to worry about native code, and the driver
itself is portable across platforms.

> Thanks for help
>
> Frederic

Craig McClanahan