The "auto" directory gets created, provided server.xml is configured. I've never had to create the auto directory.

John

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 00:56:04 -0700, Thomas, Kevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm fairly new to this, but I discovered (through talking to guys here and
just tinkering) that the file actually appears in a directory called auto
under conf (so... conf/auto). The file is also called mod_jk.conf.

I actually had to create the /auto directory myself as there wasn't one
there post-install.

Cheers,
kev
__________________

Kevin Thomas Technical Analyst Technical Authority, Deregulated Applications
Utilities Group, SAIC Ltd. 5 Redwood Place Peel Park East Kilbride G74 5PB Tel: 013558 45260 ( 708 5260 internal ) mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: http://www.saic.com

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 16 June 2003 23:58 To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Apache issue

tomcat 4.1.24 redhat 7.3 apache 1.3.20 jdk j2sdk1.4.1_02 I have poured through the web and just can't find what is the deal here.

I am linking tomcat to apache (or trying to!) using
the mod_jk, so that is all installed.

All the docs said that the running of tomcat should
produce a file in conf called mod_jk.conf-auto

it does not work. (I have tomcat starting in
standalone mode does that matter?)

I did find one doc which said you need to insert a
line in the server.xml file - <ApacheConfig />
it says where to put it but the example it gave, is
not in there! so where do I need to put this line?

my server file is very long, so unless you guys need
it I will not include it yet.

-- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/