From: Donie Kelly [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 3:17 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Log4j problem mixing 2 apps

OK, I think I see the problem but I'm not sure how to fix.

I'm using eclipse to debug and run tomcat and as it uses log4j to log in the
webapps I have to put log4j in the classpath for eclipse so that the code
will compile. However, I think this is causing a problem when the
application runs as the log4j jar is loaded by eclipse and therefore it
seems to use that version instead of the version in WEB-INF/lib.

If I run the application from the command line it works fine.

Anybody got any idea on how I can work in Eclipse (or any IDE) and get
around this loading problem?

Thanks
Donie