Shanta B wrote:

Hi
We have a servlet which will download csv file from server.It works fine
in some browser. The file type CSV is standard Excel format file. When i
click on the link 'file open/save as' dialog appears, i see only html as
supported filetype. Why? I expected CSV file as filetype here.

This behvaiour is not true for all machines. Only on few PCs i see this
problem? Is there any browser setting?

I verified the application association with filöetype extension (CSV), it is
MS-Excel.

Thanks
Shanta.B

Use response.setContentType("text/csv");