Played around with your sample schema and think I found
the issue here.  With forgeign key columns, both the
local and related columns need to be define using the same
javaType setting.

The issue is that in complex object mode, Torque objects
allow for forgeign keys to be set by using the foreign key
object.  E.g.:

Table1 t1 = <some existing object>
Table2 t2 = new Table2();
t2.setValue1(xxx);
t2.setTable1(t1);

The advantage to this is that you don't have to know anything
about the keys used to relate t1 and t2, just that they are
related.

However, if the object types are different between the related
tables, the logic to generate code to do the right transformation
between types gets to be too complicated.

Duke CE Privacy Statement
Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and
are intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient you may not rely on the contents of this
email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please not read, copy or
retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email,
its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized
prohibited.