Some people say this is not an xorg problem, but is a but in the kernel.
Indeed, I have this problem when booting the 4.2.0 and 4.2.0 kernel, but not
when booting 3.19.0.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Text missing in GTK+ applications after suspend

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:

  Occasionally when resuming from suspend, text is randomly missing in
  GTK+ applications. Chrome and QT apps are unaffected. In my case it
  doesn't occur very frequently, perhaps once a week at most. I
  typically suspend my system every day and only reboot once or twice a
  month.

  It's not clear what is causing the problem. Based on the symptoms and
  similar bug reports, it seems most likely a problem with xorg and/or
  xserver-xorg-video-intel. It appears to be a new bug with 16.04 as I
  never experienced this in 15.10.

  I've noticed that the amount of missing text seems to vary depending
  on the font and font size. Some fonts/sizes seem to be okay, while
  with others there is no text on screen at all.

  Font rendering settings also appear have an effect. The problem is
  only visible with slight hinting and RGB sub pixel order. Disabling
  anti-aliasing or changing either the hinting or sub pixel order to
  anything else immediately renders all characters normally.

  Switching to a virtual terminal and back again fixes the problem
  (Ctrl+Alt+F1 then Ctrl+Alt+F7), as does restarting Xorg or logging
  out.

  Package: xorg 1:7.7+13ubuntu3
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CompizPlugins: No value set for
`/apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/active_plugins'
  CompositorRunning: None
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE