Public bug reported:

When I run `apt update`, I see an AppStream message in the output:

$ sudo apt update
<snip>
Fetched 42.5 MB in 15s (2,842 kB/s)

The AppStream system cache was updated, but some components were ignored. Refer
to the verbose log for more information.
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
23 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them.

Even as an Ubuntu developer, I don't know what that means, so I would
imagine most of our users won't either.  What effect will this have on
me?  Is it something I should worry about?  Should I be looking at the
verbose log whenever I see this message?  Where is the verbose log?

I think this message could serve to see some improvement, to make it
clearer to users what has happened and what their expected actions are.

Package: apt 1.9.8
NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair nvidia_modeset
nvidia
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu16
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: i3