Public bug reported:

[Description]
Provide updated messaging text and formatting for MOTD 10-help-text related to
text message organization, layout and verbiage.  Minor improvements for cleaner
formatting of messages greeting ssh attaches to a machine.

[Rationale]
MOTD messaging is one of the primary means of communicating to Ubuntu server
customers, we wish to improve the layout and messaging a bit to polish that
experience a little bit for Hirsute and later.

[Timeline]
Current specs are in flight for base-files and update-notifier MOTD changes
expect that we have final usability doc updates there by beginning of March.

[Risks]
Low risk as these changes are text-only formatting and potentially
color-control characters. Potentially errors in any new partsdir files in
/etc/update-motd.d/ are trapped and the offending text or invalid shell logic
is geneally trapped and ignored without affecting other MOTD text

** Affects: base-files (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to base-files in Ubuntu.

  FFe: base-files update MOTD help text formatting

Status in base-files package in Ubuntu: