Good morning Nick,

Yes; as the PIs normally boot headlessly or with hdmi, it's not easy to
gather the logs. What I will do is hookup a serial line to I can catch
the logs from another systems miniterm and attach them to the bugreport.

I will also add the recipe to reproduce this. Important, prior tot 22.04
I had the issue of drivers being stripped from the initramfs but in
22.04 whole binaries are apperently not locatable anymore. Strings thing
is, when I loop them up

by unarchiving the initramfs, they are definately there? Could be some
PATH problem?

Other question from my side to assist you in solving / fixing this; is
there some design/document that explains how it works and if is
different (flash-kernel?) on PIs?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

    Pascal van Dam

--

** Attachment added: "g501.png"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1991324/+attachment/5620322/+files/g501.png

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

  Initramfs-tools: iSCSI boot resulting in modprobe not found error
  message

Status in initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:

  My RPi4's are having their rootvg on iSCSI and boot from them. The
  kernel modules etc are in the initramfs. However since 22.04 the
  initramfs is not generated corrected and while booting from it it
  results in error messages stating various binaries/scripts are not
  locatable.

  E.g. modprobe, systemd-udev, mdadm etc.