Well, it's really weird but I tried to reproduce the problem (what I see
happening for at least 2 months) and for some unknown reason I couldn't.
It's rebooting as expected using any of those methods.

I will try to investigate and understand what could be the change that
fixed it but it's not worth it to keep this ticket open while I do it.

Thanks anyway!

  Systemd reboot halt Lenovo ThinkPad x230 running jammy

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  I've installed Ubuntu Desktop jammy on a Lenovo Thinkpad x230 laptop
  and upgraded all packages to latest version.  When I try to reboot
  machine using command line reboot, shutdown -r now or using Restart
  option on desktop it just halts the laptop instead of reboot it.

  I've downloaded klibc-utils package, which contains a reboot binary,
  and when I run it, laptop reboots just as expected.

  I've collected strace output from both systemd and binary reboot calls
  (until SSH was dropped) and pasted at
  https://gist.github.com/rbgarga/b6a35e448a9c30502eaea09611191c73

  Just let me know if you need any other information about my running
  system or hardware.