** Changed in: apparmor (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apparmor in Ubuntu.

  [FFe] new apparmor features for 3.0.7

Status in apparmor package in Ubuntu:

  We propose two new features for 3.0.7 Apparmor:

  1. parser support for user namespace mediation.

  Since the last kernel update with commit
https://git.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-kernel/ubuntu/+source/linux/+git/kinetic/commit/?h=master-next&id=30bce26855c9171f8dee74d93308fd506730c914
  Ubuntu 22.10 mediates user namespaces which allows for confined applications
to have unprivileged user namespace creation, instead of disabling it
completely.
  If we want applications to have this ability, then we need to add support on
the parser, which is a feature we are introducing. Bug 1990064 is an example
caused by this.

  2. userspace support for posix message queue mediation

  Kernel also has POSIX message queue mediation with commit
  https://git.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-
  kernel/ubuntu/+source/linux/+git/kinetic/commit/?h=master-
  next&id=44f28e2ccee2000c7da971876dd003d38a8232d8 which indicates that
  if admins want to allow legitimate use of POSIX message queues, then
  they will need the support of userspace tools.

  We are also adding a fix for Bug 1990692 which will make the AppArmor
  profiles for samba to be up to date with upstream.

  TESTING

  This has been extensively tested by the security team - this includes
  following the documented Ubuntu merges test plan[1] for AppArmor and the
  extensive QA Regression Tests[2] for AppArmor as well. This ensures that
  the various applications that make heavy use of AppArmor (LXD, docker,
  lxc, dbus, libvirt, snapd etc) have all been exercised and no regressions
  have been observed. All tests have passed and demonstrated both apparmor
  and the various applications that use it to be working as expected.

  BUILD LOGS

  This is currently uploaded to
https://launchpad.net/~georgiag/+archive/ubuntu/apparmor-kinetic-ffe, build
logs can be found on