all autopkgtests now pass https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-
archive/proposed-migration/focal/update_excuses.html#systemd

now testing if the new testcase is fixed with v5.15 kernels in focal.

Test request submitted.

Result history
https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/systemd/focal/amd64
arch
amd64
package
systemd
release
focal
requester
xnox
triggers
['linux-meta-hwe-5.15/5.15.0.53.59~20.04.21',
'linux-hwe-5.15/5.15.0-53.59~20.04.1',
'linux-signed-hwe-5.15/5.15.0-53.59~20.04.1', 'systemd/245.4-4ubuntu3.19']

  systemd: fix test-execute autotest failure with kernel 5.15 in focal

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in systemd source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [Impact]

  test-execute autotest is failing in focal with kernel 5.15. This is
  because the following kernel commit changed the ABI for ioprio:

  e70344c05995 ("block: fix default IO priority handling")

  Previously setting IOPRIO_CLASS_NONE for a process would report
  IOPRIO_CLASS_NONE back. But starting with 5.15 it reports
  IOPRIO_CLASS_BE instead.

  [Test case]

  Run systemd autopkgtest and check for the test-execute result.

  [Fix]

  Change test/test-execute/exec-ioschedulingclass-none.service to
  recognize both "none" and "best-effort" as valid returned strings from
  ionice.

  This change is already available in jammy and above.

  [Regression potential]

  We may see regressions in systemd autopkgtest, we won't introduce any
  potential regressions in systemd itself, because this is only
  affecting the specific unit test.