Public bug reported:

See: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1890177

I am opening a new ticket because I believe there may have been a
regression. I am using rsyslog        8.2112.0-2ubuntu2.2 and I still
see this issue.

/etc/rsyslog.d/90-google.conf:
# Google Compute Engine default console logging.
#
# daemon: logging from Google provided daemons.
# kern: logging information in case of an unexpected crash during boot.
#
daemon,kern.* /dev/console

Logs are filled with:
rsyslogd: action 'action-8-builtin:omfile' suspended (module 'builtin:omfile'),
retry 0. There should be messages before this one giving the reason for
suspension. [v8.2112.0 try https://www.rsyslog.com/e/2007 ]
rsyslogd: action 'action-8-builtin:omfile' resumed (module 'builtin:omfile')
[v8.2112.0 try https://www.rsyslog.com/e/2359 ]

$ lsb_release -rd
Release:        22.04

** Affects: rsyslog (Ubuntu)

** Tags: regression-update

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to rsyslog in Ubuntu.

  rsyslogd: /dev/console permission errors

Status in rsyslog package in Ubuntu: