Note this is still an issue, we just marked the given test case as
ignored on s390x going forward.

The https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/iptables/1.8.7-1ubuntu6 upload:
* disabled 0002-ebtables-save-restore_0 on x86
* disabled 0009-needless-bitwise_0 on s390x

See the diff at
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/599916663/iptables_1.8.7-1ubuntu5_1.8.7-1ubuntu6.diff.gz

I will check again once we have newer iptables available.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to iptables in Ubuntu.

  iptables-1.8.7/iptables/tests/shell/testcases/nft-only/0009-needless-
  bitwise_0 fails on s390x

Status in iptables:
  Unknown
Status in Ubuntu on IBM z Systems:
  In Progress
Status in iptables package in Ubuntu:

  In Ubuntu, we execute the full iptables shell testcases across all
  architectures.

  They seem to all pass everywhere, however

  iptables-1.8.7/iptables/tests/shell/testcases/nft-only/0009-needless-
  bitwise_0

  is currently failing on s390x like so:

  command17            FAIL stderr: W: [FAILED]      ././testcases/nft-
  only/0009-needless-bitwise_0: expected 0 but got 1

  i wonder if there is some endian bug, as this is currently Ubuntu's
  only big-endian architecture.

  this can be reproduced with:

  pull-lp-source iptables
  cd iptables-1.8.7/
  chmod +x ./iptables/tests/shell/testcases/iptables/0007-zero-counters_0
  cd iptables/tests/shell
  sudo ./run-tests.sh --host