** Description changed:

  On the raspi arm64 server image, I used to use cloud-init's keyboard
  module to set my keyboard to GB by default. However, on mantic localectl
  (which the keyboard module uses) is now reporting:

-   $ localectl set-x11-keymap gb pc105
-   Setting X11 and console keymaps is not supported in Debian
+   $ localectl set-x11-keymap gb pc105
+   Setting X11 and console keymaps is not supported in Debian

  So ... how do I get my £ key by default now? Or should this be filed
  against systemd as well?
+
+
+ === update ====
+ cloud-init 23.3 release now writes /etc/default/keyboard directly instead of
calling: localectl set-x11-keymap. After setting keymap/layout, cloud-init also
runs: systemctl restart console-setup.
+
+ The remaining question is do we want to improve usability of the error
+ message or hints/docs for admins describing how to set up keymap/layout?

** Summary changed:

- "localectl set-x11-keymap" doesn't work in mantic
+ Usability: "localectl set-x11-keymap" doesn't work in mantic

** Changed in: cloud-init (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Chad Smith (chad.smith)

  Usability: "localectl set-x11-keymap" doesn't work in mantic

Status in cloud-init package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu: