Public bug reported:

I get "Closing connection 0 curl: (35) error:0A000126:SSL
routines::unexpected eof while reading" accessing some web servers.
AFAIS "SSL_OP_IGNORE_UNEXPECTED_EOF" can help here. With 3.2[0] it can
be configured in openssl.cnf, whereas 3.0[1] cannot. Would you mind to
backport the mini patch[2] to be configured with 3.0, too?

Example:
$ tail -n 3 /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf
[system_default_sect]
CipherString = DEFAULT:@SECLEVEL=2
Options = IgnoreUnexpectedEOF

[0] https://www.openssl.org/docs/man3.2/man3/SSL_CONF_cmd.html
[1] https://www.openssl.org/docs/man3.0/man3/SSL_CONF_cmd.html
[2]
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/commit/51cf034433d528876f3c235c5150c5acfe88f24d

** Affects: openssl (Ubuntu)

** Patch added: "Add IgnoreUnexpectedEOF as configuration option"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2055304/+attachment/5750251/+files/openssl-IgnoreUnexpectedEOF.patch

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssl in Ubuntu.

  openssl 3.0.2 backport IgnoreUnexpectedEOF ssl config option from 3.2

Status in openssl package in Ubuntu: